2/05/2013

Weawing mill's storage (Part 2), Nivala, Finland


On the day we visited this warehouse, we woke up early and spent a few hours driving north through snowy views. I held my warm takeaway teacup and felt free and wished that we could drive further north, all the way to the Arctic ocean. But our destination was this half-deserted mining village in Northern Ostrobothnia, so there we went. I was a bit nervous if I could read our roadmap the right way and if we could get there before dark, but the place was easy to find. The days were very short that time of the year.

In the name of the truth, I was a bit disappointed about the village, because I had imagined more abandoned and less inhabited houses to the place. This warehouse was our first target to climb in from a window. There was many kind of stuff from tools to old sewing machines and containers for yarn dying. One room had scary hooks in the ceiling. They have probably been used for hanging yarns, but they looked like meat hooks to me. My favourite thing was that small bedroom in one corner of the house. Somebody had hung a sheet with a painted prayer to God on the light blue wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment