8/31/2012

Random unvisited buildings, Central America


Not visited, but photographed by jonahi in summer 2012. The wonderful old church is in Costa Rica (I was very disappointed to notice that the barbed wire fence didn't have any holes!) and the rest are in Honduras and Nicaragua. I found those walls with holes with signs "For Sale" quite funny, but maybe they are actually selling the lots and not the houses, or what's left of them. That huge house in the bushes looked very scary until I noticed that someone was drying their laundry there. Maybe the first floor was inhabited, but I'm sure that the rest wasn't.
These were of course only a minority of abandoned places that I saw, but it's not easy to take photos from a moving bus when your camera is in your backbag, and it may not be too safe to visit abandoned places in these gang violence ridden countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment